Vice President, Lead Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Safety Researcher & Analyst
As the vice president of McCaffery and Associates, Inc., Celia Booth works with a team of former naval and maritime officers who research naval and maritime ship design, construction, maintenance, and repair records in support of asbestos litigation. Her prior job experience includes service as a corporate safety and risk management director for a Fortune 500 company, management consulting in occupational safety and health, and management of a nationwide team of industrial hygienists.
Ms. Booth served as a U.S. Navy officer for 25 years with the final rank of captain. She serves as the company’s lead occupational safety and health researcher and analyst. Her hobbies include sailing, scuba diving and martial arts (third-degree black belt, taekwondo).
Education, Training, Licenses, Designations, and Professional Affiliations:
- M.A., Biology, State University of New York College at Buffalo, 1980; Thesis: “A Survey of the Crustacean Zooplankton of the Buffalo River, 1979"
- B.S., Biology, with Marine Sciences Certificate, Pennsylvania State University, 1978
- Adjunct Professor (Small Group Instructor, Graduate Level Course: EOH 204), Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University, 2004-2010
- Associate in Risk Management, American Institutes for Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters, 2000
- Certified Industrial Hygienist #6103, Comprehensive Practice, American Board of Industrial Hygiene, 1993
- Certified Safety Professional #9341, Comprehensive Practice, Board of Certified Safety Professionals, 1989