Researcher / Analyst
W. Scott McCabe is a technical consultant and analyst currently supporting legal teams responding to asbestos and other toxic tort litigation. His primary responsibility is to analyze documents collected by research teams to prepare technical reports for clients.
Mr. McCabe brings experience from active duty service in the Navy, from which he retired as a captain after 27 years of service. He also has the unique perspective of risk management from his prior employment as a commercial lines insurance broker and corporate risk manager in Alexandria, Egypt, and Brownsville, Texas.
- B.S., Biology/Psychology, University of New Hampshire
- Naval Sea Systems Command: Military Sales, Egypt (Alexandria and Cairo)
- Bay Bridge Enterprises, Brownsville, Texas: Corporate Development, Vessel Procurement and Disposal, Legal Director and Environmental Risk Management
- Commanding Officer, U.S. Navy: USS Inflict (MSO-456), Special Boat Unit 24 (SBU-24), USS Ainsworth (FF-1090), United States Atlantic Command, Drug Interdiction Team
- United States Atlantic Command (now known as United States Joint Forces Command), Operational Aide and Senior Watch Officer for Four-Star Admiral
- Executive Officer, Engineering, Weapons and Operations Officer, U.S. Navy: USS Kilauea (AE-26), USS Knox (FF-1052), USS Portland (LSD-34)
- Officer Performance (Separations), U.S. Navy Personnel Headquarters NMPC-822
- U.S. Naval War College: Guest Lecturer, Subject Matter Expert, War Gaming Scenario Development